Thursday, May 28, 2015

Time with my ma



I ASKED GOD
I asked God for strength that I might achieve.
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy.
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. 
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. 
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

I spent some precious time with my mum who arrived for a visit from Australia for a couple of weeks.  She was very excited about the progress I have made in the past year!  When she saw me in June of last year I was not walking, constantly completely physically drained, homebound and struggling to breathe due to the Babesia co-infection.  This year we walked together around the block and enjoyed an overnight trip to Toronto!!  Although still restricted because of my limited diet and mental and physical fatigue, we were able to do this without a wheelchair or walker and I left my IV pole at home!! 

Out for tea with my ma... xox

I am about 70% better than I was last year.  I still need to pace myself but am strong enough to begin Alinia treatment which is intended to address my brain fog, headaches and mental exhaustion.  Dr McShane anticipates that I will not need to be on IV antibiotics any longer, providing I respond well to Alinia treatment.  I have discontinued IV antibiotics but will keep my PICC line in for a few months yet in case I have a downturn and so that I am able to receive IV treatments from the Naturopath to help rebuild my immune system.  

I will write more about Alinia treatment at a later date as I need to rest now before my children come home from school and I head off to the Naturopath for my 2X weekly ozone therapy treatment. 

2 comments:

  1. Love you sooo very much Roze! I'm very thankful that Mum could be there with you. We are also continuing to pray for your health, that you may continue on the road to recovery. I would love to be there and walk around the block with you... You never know what God has in store for us... maybe one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking after I saw you doing groceries the other day that I should have introduced myself to your mom. I'm not are if she might remember me from Orangeville. Glad to hear she is here with you! Such scblessing for you and her! A blessing for her also to see you doing so - I'm sure it puts her mama's heart at ease! Praying for continued healing for you, and His care for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete