Thursday, July 3, 2014

Small steps...

July 3 2014

My Candida symptoms are improving slowly and I am able to come home and administer my own IV therapy here for the weekend as it is a public holiday in America tomorrow and the border will be very busy.  I have had a lot of nausea today, apparently from running my IV meds through too quickly.  Ideally I should be hooked up for most of the day.... 

I am confident that the doctor I am seeing knows what she is doing and is able to stabalize my flare-ups quite quickly.  Unfortunately she struggles to have a pleasant bedside manner and needs to work on her communication skills but we are very grateful to be receiving quality help so quickly.  

My Canadian doctor has not been able to help very much with ordering the necessary bloodwork/ultrasounds that I require consistently as she is worried about her answering to the Canadian government.  I am aware that other doctors are able to prescribe the necessary bloodwork etc. so I will speak to her again about this and if necessary look into finding a new family doctor who can work beside me in treating this condition.
I am seeing improvement in my energy levels overall and some of my inner spark is coming back.  We are confident that the treatment is working, despite the unfortunate setbacks and side-effects of the medications.  

We enjoyed having the children home on Canada Day and with my mum here to help us out and spoil her grandkids, they were happy to have a home day and spend time together as a family.  The children have adjusted very well to coming and going between our home and others, we are so thankful that the transitions are smooth as they still cannot be home at this time.  They were singing and humming on the day they were home so we know that they are happy.  Thank-you Lord for taking concern for the children off our list of worries!  I am enjoying my mum's company and to her credit she has even braved joining me in sampling some of my outrageously bland meal compositions...

Our deepest thanks to all of you who have helped us out in so many ways.  We are overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support from our family and friends.  The children are well taken care of in stable home environments, our house is always spic and span, meals have been provided when needed, help with finances allows treatment to be possible.  It is amazing to experience the community of believers pulling together as God intends and lending various abilities, talents and gifts to help us out!  God is Good and we are so thankful to have Him beside us in this journey... 

....Tyson checking for the `bugs``.....LOVE!!
We continue to covet your prayers.
With love,
Roze & Eric, Damon, Alanah, Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment