Friday, June 20, 2014

Life before Lyme:



Regular trips to Australia to see my family.....
..... as our families expand
 Camping - I love the outdoors.  Closer to nature the better - hence the unwillingness to give up tenting despite the rainy Canadian summers.....
I loved playing and singing for people - especially the elderly , children and handicapped who receive such joy from the sharing of music.  
 Always a risk-taker.  Enjoying the adrenaline - not sure I would repeat today.  I have since gained a respect for the limitations of my body....I think....
 Summer! My favourite months - best things to do? Attending festivals, wine tasting, enjoying company of friends, entertaining, hosting campfires.
 Skating (and trying my hand at ice hockey).  I was successful at skating but not so much at stopping.  Not as easy as it looks!
 Snowboarding! My favourite part of winter, to be sure...
 Fresh powder, frigid, crisp air, numb face, relaxation....

My favourite summer sports - Wakeboarding, soccer, swimming
 
Working at Anchor Home - I loved this job and the wonderful people I was privileged to work with...
Hiking - Fall is so gorgeous - crisp, clear air, beautiful colours.  Hiking was almost a weekly occurrence for us in the spring/summer/fall months.
 .....standing (for as long as I wanted) and walking (as far as I wanted to go)

Life was busy.  We were happy.  Our family was expanding, we were involved in our local church and community.  No time for slowing down......

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD'S purpose that prevails" Prov 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment